On Thursday 11 December 2003 19:05, Carren Stuart wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Seems like I'm going to be here every other day with a new
> question
>
> :-)
>
> I somehow seem to have messed up my KDE menus. After installing
> some *extra* bits and pieces via the software installer, from the
> installation CD's, my menus are not changed, with many things
> missing that were previously there.
>
> If I right click on the kicker or taskbar and hit "configure
> menu/configure panel", nothing happens anymore. I don't get any
> configuration box open.
>
> In addition to that, if I double click on the "home" icon,
> nothing happens either! The home directory doesn't open.
>
> Any idea what I did and how I can restore the default menus. I
> did find an option somewhere (forget exactly where now) to
> restore system settings or words to that affect, but it made no
> difference.
>
> I really want things back the way they were!

Carren, this is a well known bug in 9.2. First of all :

open a console, become root by typing su and enter your root
password.

Then, type : update-menus -v

When finished, logout as root, close the console and tell us if
something is missing.

If all is well, rush to update your system, because there's a fix
available.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
** Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer **