On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 05:12 am, many eyes noted that Iván Velamazán González
wrote:
> In my case (Mandrake 9.2; 512MB RAM and 512MB swap) I've never seen swap
> used (normal / personal workstation use)... Well, one time I saw a few
> kilobytes allocated.
>
> The next time I make changes at the disk, I'll reduce it to a half or
> less...
>
> Does your systems (with this quantity of RAM memory) use really the swap?
>
> Curiosity.

<snip>

The system here with 512 MB RAM has never used swap, but I do have a 128 MB
swap partition just in case.

Charlie
--
Hopeless fellows - using their heads to look for their heads!

Zen saying

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1Beta