mike wrote:

I boot to run level 3 and use Xtart to get to my window managers.
I use lilo in text mode which is a small blue window with the choices.
If your talking about the big blue splash screen kinda like a monitor
inside of a monitor that shows boot messages, I tried once before to
find a way to disable it but to no avail. Even when I did my install
I tried to deselect it from the individual packages on MDK but,
when I tried to do that it wanted to remove an enormous amount of
KDE packages! So I went ahead and installed it.

Read a post about this, doing a google and one recommendation was to.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -e --nodeps bootsplash

I tried it and it got rid of the big blue splash screen on boot up.
This I'm certain this not the right way, must be some config file
to disable it. But as I said no more splash on boot and shutdown.

I quite agree, I tried this and it removes the wrong gui piece.

Hope someone has the answer I would like to know my self.

Mike

But I agree, it's some config file, or possibly a change of symlink to use a different boot script, I dunno , but I'm still trying. There doesn't seem to be anything clear about how this works on the net. Seems like, that at some historic point a change was made but no effective description of how it all works has ever been written down.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]