On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:41:07 +0000
Jerry Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm a bit late on this thread but... have you tried running mcc, going
> to boot/Drakboot then "advanced" and in the dropdown menu selecting
> "lilo with text menu" instead of "lilo with graphical menu?"  I don't
> pay a whole lot of attention anymore what happens when I boot since
> I've got all my issues worked out (though I can totally understand why
> you'd not want the whole blue splash screen thing) but wouldn't that
> fix it all?
>
> I hope this is of help to you.
>
> Jerry.

Supplement:  this should change the whole boot up process to the text
boot instead of the whole graphical thing.  I just rebooted with that
option and since i have init 3 set in inittab i never got any graphical
stuff... just the old lilo: prompt and total text boot up to a text
login:  prompt.  it showed the good old scrolling init instead of the
fancy framebuffer stuff.   It was like booting my old Slack... no
nifty eye candy and such. Is that what you're looking for?  Sorry if
I've missed a few points of your objective here, just trying to help you
out.

Jerry.

--
_||_  Registered linux user #300600