Jerry Barton wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:41:07 +0000
Jerry Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm a bit late on this thread but... have you tried running mcc, going
to boot/Drakboot then "advanced" and in the dropdown menu selecting
"lilo with text menu" instead of "lilo with graphical menu?" I don't
pay a whole lot of attention anymore what happens when I boot since
I've got all my issues worked out (though I can totally understand why
you'd not want the whole blue splash screen thing) but wouldn't that
fix it all?

I hope this is of help to you.

Jerry.

Supplement: this should change the whole boot up process to the text boot instead of the whole graphical thing. I just rebooted with that
option and since i have init 3 set in inittab i never got any graphical
stuff... just the old lilo: prompt and total text boot up to a text
login: prompt. it showed the good old scrolling init instead of the
fancy framebuffer stuff. It was like booting my old Slack... no
nifty eye candy and such. Is that what you're looking for?

Yes that is basically right but with good screen resolution , ie VGA=791

Sorry if
I've missed a few points of your objective here, just trying to help you
out.

Oh, no , please don't be offended and if I have caused that , unreserved appologies.
No I'm frustrated with myself because I cannot remember what controls the switch from gui to text in the higher screen boot resolutions. Maybe the MCC route will accomplish this for me haven't tried it yet, but I like to know how to do this from my knowledge of how it all works, rather that from "dumb" Control Centers methods that encourage ignorance, but is sometimes the easy way, once you know how it's all done, and save time. Not that it always does. It's not an init control, I'm not trying to boot to a consul, I'm not trying to boot on some low screen resolution with B/W text , I'm trying to to get back to where I was with a decent boot screen resolution and B/W text, full screen width. So the last thing I want is anything under vga=791, because that gives me a boot script with a good screen resolution.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]