On Monday 15 Dec 2003 5:27 pm, Adrian Kuepker wrote:
> Richard Urwin wrote:
> >This isn't a problem with Mozilla, it's a problem with your mail client.
>
> The point being that Mozilla is the mail client.
>
> >>Without built-in intelligent handling of common business document types,
> >>there simply can't be any kind of desktop Linux migration.I'm rather
> >>confused why it doesn't work in KDE right out of the 'box'. The users
> >>will simply say 'No Way, We want Windows back.'
> >
> >Outlook has the same problem. There is really no way for a mail client to
> >detect the end of a URL except by the first space.
> >
> >HTML mail with properly encoded URL links should also work.
>
> I'm not referring to URLs. I'm referring to files attached to emails,
> quite often sent out by users employed by various other agencies over
> whom I have no influence, let alone control.
>
> --Adrian

Well mozilla-thunderbird, sylpheed-claws, operamail,  and kmail all open pdf
attachments with spaces in the name, so the problem you describe seems to be
restricted to mozilla-mail (which I do not have)
So I suggest a bug report to mozilla bugzilla might fix the issue, or else use
a different mail client.  (mozilla-thunderbird is quite nice :-)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net