On Monday 15 December 2003 03:42 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 15 Dec 2003 7:45 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> > Kind of interesting you mention this.  I recently printed out Xmas
> > mailing labels to stock label media using OpenOffice with an
> > interface into a Gnome Card address database using mail merge
> > features that pull name, street address, city, state zip, etc.
> > First time I realilzed that OpenOffice could duplicate that
> > particular functionality that I used to use in MS Word.
>
> BTW, doing it this way - can you use a code-field to select addresses
> appropriate to a group?  I don't send Christmas cards to everyone I
> have listed in GnomeCard <g>  Yup - that's how lazy I can get.  I
> loathe writing envelopes.

Not sure, I didn't delve deeper into it than I needed to.  It does have room
for custom fields and I imagine that you could separate them out somehow.
One quick dirty way would be to try duplicating the Gnome card database and
then dumping all the records except the ones you want.  Might be the easiest
way to do it but certainly not the most elegant.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer