Charlie Mahan wrote:

Monday 15 December 2003 12:43 pm, Guy Rouillier wrote:

John Richard Smith wrote:

OK I've attatched dscioo21.jpg which is not a particularly sharp image
but does to demonstate what I DO NOT WANT.

How do I get back to what I want ?

John, thanks for posting the image - I *never* would have understood that was what you were seeing. I just spent an hour trying to make that happen under 9.2, and no matter what combinations I tried, I couldn't get the OK messages to come up in that blue Mandrake graphics window. Sorry!

Open lilo.conf in the editor of your choice and change the append: splash=quiet to splash=verbose.

You'll still get the 'fancy background' but you'll see the messages scroll by. Run lilo -v as super user afterwards.

I'm using the version of lilo that comes with 9.2 (22.5.7.2) and it doesn't recognize the splash= option in lilo.conf. The bootsplash package is installed.

You can also change the splash themes but that's another project for another post. ie.: When someone asks about it. <g>

Alternative, splash=no gives a full "console" style boot, black background, boot messages.
- --
--
Guy Rouillier