On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:09:03 -0800, "Rob Blomquist"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I am going to assume that it is reading about /dev/hdb1 from fstab, and
> so you have to remove it there.
>
> I would try to boot and do it interactively, so then when fstab is
> read, you can stop it from trying to get hdb.
>
> The other option is to boot knoppix if you have a disk around or
> something that will let you get in and edit fstab to get rid of the hdb
> mention.
>
> Rob

Success: The system allowed going to a command prompt when it stopped
during the boot process. So I was able to edit /etc/fstab, and then the
system
booted into KDE.

I initially tried interactive mode, but pressing "I" didn't do anything.

Thanks much for the help!