On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:31:34AM -0500, Guy Rouillier wrote:
> Todd, I'm having trouble with the script below.  I put in some echoes
> and ran the script from a terminal, and here is what I see:
>
> (1) If neither Thunderbird nor Firebird is running, the script
> successfully starts up Firebird and retrieves the target URL.
>
> (2)  If *Thunderbird* is running the script thinks that Firebird is
> running.  I guess because they both use the Mozilla rendering engine?
>
> (3) If either Thunderbird or Firebird is already running, it goes into
> the if case and prints out "Failed to send command."  The target URL is
> not retrieved.
>
> Any ideas?

I just tried it and notice the same thing. There's some discussion of
this at mozillazine's tb forum. I got fb to launch if there was no
existing instance of fb, but the second time either brought up the
profile manager or the "Failed to send command" error. There's an open
bug for the whole profile manager thing in general.

Todd