On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 18:23, Howard Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Mandrake MNF using the network boot disk...on a
> Toshiba Portege 3110CT laptop
>
> I get an IP address no problem but then I receive an "install exited
> abnormally :-( -- received signal 11" error..
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks

Whoa! I just re-read your post. Are you trying to install Mandrake MNF
on a laptop??? If so, why?

MNF is an enterprise class firewall distro, and not intended for a
normal laptop install! Unless you have nothing better to do with that
laptop, or your time, I can't understand why you'd want to to that!

You're obviously not planning to use it as a Portable Desktop. Remember
that MNF is only a firewall and requires at least 2 network cards -
PCMCIA or otherwise!

If this is not what you were planning to do, get back to the list and
let us know.

Lanman