On Friday 19 Dec 2003 11:31 am, Sharrea Day wrote:
> Hi Anne
> Unless your email client settings have changed it should work if
> you replaced the old perl script with the new one.
>
> If you're using kmail: in kmail Configuration > Network > Receiving
> tab
>
> enter the location of the email file, eg.
> /home/anne/.hotmail/Inbox
> (create the dir/file if it does not exist - your choice of
> path/filename)
>
> in the precommand box enter path to perl script, eg.
> /usr/local/bin/gotmail
> (that's where I put mine)
>
> choose "Mutt dotlock" as the locking method and make sure mutt is
> installed.
>
> be sure you have your config file in your home directory as
> ~/.gotmailrc
>
> I noticed on sourceforge gotmail release notes:
> [quote]
> Due to changes in cookie handling, this release now requires curl
> 7.9 or better.
>
> If you're using curl 7.10, you may have to use this option:
> --curl-bin 'curl -k', if your ssl certificates aren't installed
> properly. [/quote]
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep -i curl
> libcurl2-7.10.7-2mdk
> curl-7.10.7-2mdk
>
> I haven't made any changes to my setup.  I simply replaced the old
> perl script with the new one and checked my hotmail and it worked.
> I didn't log out of kde and kmail was already running so I didn't
> restart anything.
>
> Sharrea

Sharrea, I'm beginning to wonder if it ever worked properly.  This is
my .gotmailrc:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
password=codger
domain=hotmail.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@lydgate.net
# save-to-login
# only-new

folder-dir=/home/anne/hotmail/
folders=Inbox
# delete
retry-limit=3

It's the folders bit that's causing the problem, it seems.  KMail
reports Cannot open file "/home/anne/hotmail/": Is a directory
and Cannot open file://home/anne/hotmail/

I created the hotmail directory, and an Inbox subdirectory, but then I
got the same messages about Inbox.  The mail is being collected, I'm
sure, because Postfix is sending Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
messages, and I can see the message that was picked up.

Can you spot what's going wrong?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302