On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:19:21AM -0500, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2003 08:10 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
>
> >TS  I have gotten rid of some large files in /var/log, /tmp is empty and I
> >TS  still have my 5.9G of / used up.  Until I can track down where the
> >TS  excessively large file(s) is/are, I wanted to 'reallocate' some of my
> >TS  /home partition (currently using 14%) to give to / so I can boot into X
> >TS  (then KDE).
>
> Trey, how about doing this (go to / to get everything, and be root to see
> everything):

This won't help you since you can't get into X, but ...

A while back I made a checkinstall rpm for dutree, a du visualization
tool. It's pretty nifty. Screenshot:
http://clevername.homeip.net/mdk/dutree.png
Download from http://clevername.homeip.net/mdk/

It's ~ 60K so it doesn't take much space.

Todd