On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:32, Iván Velamazán González wrote:
> What do you prefer to play DVD and those MPEG and those Windows Media
> files sometimes comes by eMail: Mplayer, Totem, Xine, Ogle? What is more
> "multimedia capable"?
>
> My thought:
> .- Totem: I still didn't tested it, but good references on it.
> .- MPlayer: The best references, but I have NEVER could use it. :-(
> .- Xine: The best that I know really and what I've been using... till it
> broke out. Trying to fix it. It does play all those W** multimedia files.
> .- Ogle: The first and easiest DVD playing software I used for a short
> time. I don't know all of its possibilities.

I used to use xine exclusively in MDK 9.0 but with 9.1 and 9.2 I use mplayer
when I want to watch more than one video and totem for only one video -
mainly short mpegs as I don't have a DVD drive.

Once you get mplayer working it really is a good player.  Although I must
admit, I've not tinkered with the settings all that much - it just works so
I leave everything apart from skins as the default.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today