On Monday 29 December 2003 05:52 pm, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2003 00:29 schrieb JoeHill:
> > I'm familiar with acpi=off and noapic, what is "nolapic"?
>
> I'm sorry, but I do not know.
>
> The line is derived from a SuSE 9.0 installation which crashed
> very often, so I got some parameters from the web and played
> with them (without result, so I switched to Mandrake ;-) .

less /usr/src/linux-2.4.23-0.rc5.2mdk/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

    That's for my kernel version. Try 'locate -i parameters' to
find yours.  IIRC, 'nolapic' is no local advanced programmable
interrupt control.  ie, disable

lapic           [IA-32,APIC] Enable the local APIC even if BIOS
                             disabled it.

   FWIW,  not to be confused with (and mostly used by laptops),
ACPI - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas