On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:44:58 -0500
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use this package as part of a script which converts DivX to SVCD.
> The process takes about 24 hours for a 700MB DivX file.
>
> I've been told that if mjpegtools is built when the 'nasm' package is
> present(MMX/SSE optimizations for i586/686) then the encoding process
> is much quicker, but I'm wondering if the Mandrake MJPEGTools package
> is built with those optimizations already present.
>
> Anyone know how to tell, or had any experience with this?
>
> Thanks!

Hey Joe,
I'm not sure about the nasm issue but was wondering what command you use
to do the encoding from divx to svcd?  I haven't quite figured it out
yet and you're help would be appreciated :-)
I'm not quite sure if you can tell what options an rpm was made with
other than the fact that it would probably have a dependancy to it if it
was built with nasm support.  I know that I did not have nasm installed
but I did have the mjpegtools packages installed nonetheless so I'm
*guessing* it's not.

Jerry.
--
_||_  Registered linux user #300600