On Sunday 04 January 2004 04:37 pm, John wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2004 02:59 pm, John wrote:
> > On Sunday 04 January 2004 09:56 am, E. Hines wrote:
> > > On Sunday 04 January 2004 04:48 am, John wrote:
> >
> > hi e
> > just a quick note to let you know that only 2 of the 6 packages
> > installed from the mirror update. I remeber those 2 because i did
> > those separately and wondered then why the menus didn't come
> > back. Must be something wrong with the mirror. Am downloading the
> > remaining packages now and will let you know what the result is.
> > Thanks for the help
> > john
>
> Hi e
> i downloaded the packages to a temp directory and then added to
> sources for rpm drake. I installed the packages through rpm drake
> along with several dependencies that were indicated.There seemed to
> be some conflict but everything appeared to resolve itself and
> install ok. I ran the update-menus -v in root then user. There were
> only minor changes. I then ran menudrake and set up the mandrake
> style menu(all applications) and saved-no changes. I have been
> starting mcc through konsole terminal since it is not listed. After
> finishing menudrake, there was an error message on konsole
> "couldn't attach to DCOP server". I would assume this error
> happened during the menu update process. What does this mean?
> Thanks
> john

Hi
Additional note: i ran the uninstall rpmdrake feature to see if the
files were installed. The four just installed were listed but not the
first 2. I need a way to (re)install these. Rpm drake doesn't see
them as needing to be installed. I tried the rpm --nodeps
unsuccesfully so i know I am missing something here with this
process. I don't know anymore, but it seems a reinstall using the
information that i have to date may be appropriate. The only problem
is the update with a dialup connection takes a longtime.
Thanks
john