On Sunday 04 January 2004 10:50 pm, Bashan wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 21:48, Mark wrote:

> > > Konqueror, all I really want to do is ad another password to the file,
> > > just like logging in to my desktop.
> >
> > maybe I'm missing something, but i never heard of doing such a thing with
> > Konq.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Bashan, you might do better to tell us what you are trying to accomplish.  If
you are worried about security on the file, Linux file permissions can keep
the file from being viewed by anyone other than you or root, depending on who
created it.  Aside from that, pgp encryption would restrict even further,
preventing root from viewing the file.  You could also zip the file and add a
password and that would also encrypt it, although I suspect that pgp
encryption would be more secure.

If you are trying to duplicate file system encryption vis a vis Windows, you
should understand that there is little need to do so although you can encrypt
file systems with Linux also.  I just have never heard of anyone needing to
do so, other than NSA types, since the security model makes most of that
superfluous in Linux.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer