On Thursday 08 January 2004 11:41 am, Travis Crook wrote:
> Hi All,
>       I am running Mandrake 9.2 with KDE as my desktop environment.  I have a
> fairly fast box (Athlon XP 1500+, 512MB RAM, GeForce3 Ti200).  X seems
> to be a little on the slow side.  If I'm browsing the Web in whatever
> browser my mouse is really unresponsive until the page has finished
> the same manner.  Is there any way to improve the overall speed of X or
> is this "just the way it is"?

Which driver are you using.  nv or nvidia (not that it matters that much for
2d stuff)

I notice when there are things going on that use a lot of cpu, X stutters a
bit.  This may be more related to the kernel scheduler than X.  It may be
better or fixed in a low-latency kernel or the new 2.6 kernel which has a
re-written scheduler.
--
/g