On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:28:42 -0500
David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone have any ideas how I can at least figure out what happened, even if
> it's not really fixable?

I would say, based on my limited experience, your first step would be to boot
from the install CD to repair the missing bootloader. I believe you choose F1
and there are some options presented, including to fix LILO and/or the MBR.

Once you can get in to a workable system, then we can determine how to
troubleshoot the other probs.

My *guess* is, something in the boot process was fscked to begin with, and once
you get the boot back and working with the 'rescue' CD the problem *may* be
solved altogether.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046