On Saturday 10 January 2004 09:47, P J Scott wrote:
> Thanks for the Anne, Problem is I can not find anything in the xp
> bios about pnp. Anyone out there have any idea how I can turn this
> off...Blimey Im a newbie at Linux and xp too now....

Bios = basic input/output protocol, and is not part of your operating
system.  It is the configuration that is held by a cmos battery on
your motherboard.  To change anything you watch your bootup screen
very carefully, and as soon as the memory count is complette you hit
Delete (on most mobos, though F1 on some - a message should appear at
the bottom of the screen, but you don't have much time).  You then
have to look through the options on each page, as the way the bios
software is set up varies enormously.  Somewhere in there you will
find something like'Plug and Play OS' which you set to 'no'.

Anne

--
Registered Linux User No.293302