On Sunday 11 January 2004 12:33 am, tuija t. wrote:
> >     I believe from reading cooker, he's got many of 2.6's
> > module problems solved, proper ReiserFS support, and the
> > latest supermount and other Mandrake specifics.  Be aware tho
> > you'll still have other 2.6 kernel hardware/software/config
> > issues (see lkml and cooker archives). So report back and
> > tells us how it goes.
>
> Thank you, I must try that Thomas' kernel-source too, it seems
> to have lot of intresting patches.

    Well , you should read cooker or at least the archive. There
where a lot of problems that some testers experienced with his
first 2.6.0, and now 2.6.1 efforts (latest is 2.6.1-3tmb). They
are considered better than the regular cooker 2.6.x's tho.  I'm
also reading on both cooker and lkml that 2.6.1 is unstable, even
more so than 2.6.0.  Look here for the changelog
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.1

    IMO, 2.6.x won't be ready for (newbie) user or enterprise
service until late next summer.  I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect
I'm not.  I believe Mandrake should wait til 10.1, not 10.0 to
introduce this drastically new and differnent kernel. Still, in
the meantime, sombody needs to be testin it. Guess that's us ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas