On Sunday 11 January 2004 15:41, P J Scott wrote:
> The pc was built by a company called Richolu.It is an xp2600 and a
> AMD Athlon chip with an ASROCK motherboard running an SIS 746fx
> chipset. I have 512 mb of kingston ddr memory. A Nvidia gforce 4
> 128 mb Graphics card.. It has a 52x cd writer and a 16x dvd rom
> drive. Sound is onboard and is 5.1-ch audio.
> The Bios is American megatrends and the screen says the Ami bios is
> (c) 2003 American megatrends K7s8x Bios p1.90 acpi compliant bios.
> As for the next screen it is too fast and it will not pause so what
> is on there I have no idea. I hope this is a help. It is so
> frustrating not even allowed to install Linux... Philip

Philip, googling for 'ASROCK linux' took me to a thread in which it
seems that RedHat had been installed, but with a lot of problems.
Apparently it needs NOAPIC to function currectly.  This can be passed
as a parameter at install time.

Please will someone give Philip exact instructions on how to do this?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302