On Sunday 11 Jan 2004 3:50 pm, Phil Savoie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to update the kernel to a 25 level as I would like support for
> my quick cam vc.  I have found the webpage for the drivers but I require a
> kernel that supports video for linux.  I am a total newbie at this and was
> hoping someone could kindly help me through this.  I have read the man page
> on urpmi but as I have never done this before am real hesitant as I don't
> want to blow away my current config which is working real good now.  You
> have been very kind with help offered on sound issues in the past and am
> now hoping to learn how this is done as well.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Phil Savoie

Is kernel-2.4.22.26 good enough? If so these two pages should give you what
you need:

http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKSA-2004:001

This is the latest kernel produced by Mandrake. If you need a later one you'll
need to look elsewhere, and others can advise you where.

--
Richard Urwin