On Sunday 11 Jan 2004 10:20 pm, Marc Resnick wrote:

> [...]

Is that a typo? Should it be "Adaptec" ?
In any case that is not in the list of cards that Mandrake will automatically
recognise. (The list is kept at /etc/pcmcia/config )

Not a problem. We can always put it in the list.
First of all lets try loading the driver by hand. What happens if you open a
terminal, enter 'su' to become root user and then type

modprobe prism2_cs

Does 'ifconfig' show anything afterwards?

If that does not work open MandrakeControl
Centre>Boot>Drakboot>LiloConfigure>Advanced>Check Force NoAPIC

This will disable APIC on the next boot which has been known to screw up
pcmcia detection on some laptops. Then reboot and try again.

Also confirm that the file /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
contains the line
PCMCIA=yes

(You will not be able to edit any file in /etc unless you are root user. An
easy way to edit files as root is from a root terminal enter
konqueror &
you will then get a root version of konqueror file manager. Right click on a
file to edit it)

derek

BTW: Please bottom post. It makes it easier to follow the thread

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net