I posted this earlier, didn't get any help on it so I'm posting it again.

I lost every device out of my /dev/sound folder due to some freak Mandrake snafu, so I have no sound in Gnome.  Can someone tell me how to reinstall the sound devices?  Having to reinstall Mandrake in order to fix this is not a solution I am interested in.  And no my sound is NOT muted.  /dev/sound is empty.

My Specs:  Dell 400SC (brand new) running Mandrake 9.2.  Sound is the onboard AC'97.

Any help is appreciated.

James Cammarata
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.sngx.net