On Monday 12 Jan 2004 1:57 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
SNIP

> Derek,
> I've located the Prism2_cs module, exactly where you said it was. That
> means I definitely have it. But when I launch the wizard to setup the LAN,
> therefore detecting network cards also, this module does not show up on the
> list. This probably has to do with the problem.
>
> When I do modprobe prism2_cs, nothing happens. This card definitely works,
> because, as I said, it works fine on Windows XP.
>
> I also checked Force No APIC in the CC, and nothing changed.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia contains PCMCIA = yes
>
> I added the card to the config file also.
>
> There must be something one of us is forgetting or doing wrong, because the
> card works fine.
>
> Thanks for all your help so far,
> Marc

I am not surprised you do not see prism2_cs appear in the driver list. Drivers
for pcmcia cards are always autodetected.

When you say nothing happens when you do a modprobe, that is actually quite
positive. It implies the driver is loading, and is not being rejected.
What do you see if you do

lsmod | grep prism

after the modprobe? That will tell us if the driver is loading.

And what do you see if you do

tail -n 30 /var/log/syslog   ? Any entries about pcmcia or prism?

And
iwconfig   ?

There is one other thing I forgot to check.
The pcmcia service has to be started. In a root terminal enter
service pcmcia restart
You should hear two beeps as it restarts, then do
tail -n 30 /var/log/syslog again to see what it says.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net