On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 09:33:09PM +0000, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Todd Slater wrote:
> >What happens when you click the text tool in the main tool palette and
> >then click on the image?
> >
> Up comes the text window, see snapshot280.jpg
> I type the text and then OK,
> but nothing happens,

When you put text on the new transparent layer, it's difficult to see as
it is filled with "marching ants". To make it worse, if you have a
high-res image and are using a small font, it's almost impossible to see the
text on the image if it's not @ 100% view. After you say "OK" to the text,
mousing over the image should give you the four arrows (I think) to position
the text. If you can't see the text, make sure you're looking at the image
@ 100%. And/or make your text huge, just to see if you're getting it.

> so I LMC the image , still nothing,
> I don't understant the method by which the text gets onto the layer, and
> in anycase how the layer gets superimposed on the image .

Not much to understand really. The text gets put on the top layer, which
you can move and manipulate independently of the other layers.

Some other things to check out--make sure the layer transparency is @
100%, and check the layer mode (in L, C & P) is Normal and not something else.

Todd