On Friday 16 January 2004 04:39 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> >... or if not, you must have it scsi emulated. Why?
> >

> Programmes need it to be.
>
> John

    Could be, but I suspect that's at the root of your problem.
Try transcode again with scsi off. As to your comment about my
transcode use..... like you I just STW and docs for examples an
try 'em (same for mencoder).  I've often come across those that
seem to conflict. I've also come across some that had typos, were
lacking parts, or were just plain wrong.  For example, a resize
CL for mencoder straight from the mplayer online docs at mplayers
site:

mencoder input.mpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -vf
scale=640:480-o output.avi

    The example lacks a space between 640:480 and -o. It also
lacks any sound. I edited it to

mencoder input.mpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -vf
scale=640:480 -oac mp3lame -o output.avi

    Which works great.  But I had to get the sound part (-oac
mp3lame), and where in the CL to put it, from various Google
searches.  BTW, that resize command works for input formats other
than .mpg. It substantially reduces file size while maintaining
near original video and sound quality. I've used it to down size
(to CDr size) .avi and .wmv formats. It works for .mov, but sound
is lost, at least for the ones I've tried.

     So, I believe you've got a few thing to look at, get rid of
SCSI emulation, keep lookin for examples, and encoding often
involves 100% cpu (and chipset) usage for many minutes. Make sure
your hardware is up to the task.

     At least you're not so afflicted as me. Rather than ask for
help, I just keep fsckin around till I get it to work ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas