Marc wrote:

Yesterday I went to do a clean install of 9.2 I had a number of files in my home directory and before formatting the hard drive burnt everything in home to CD. I had a number of files that must have been email attachments. They were in my home/documents directory and had jpg images in them.

After doing the fresh install of 9.2 and putting the files back in home/documents they now appear as a icon with a yellow envelope with a sheet of paper behind it. They have no suffix in the file name to identify them as jpg pdf or anything. My question is how can I open these files and recover the data on them?

Yeah I know I should have thought of that a bit sooner.

TIA
Marc

Cann't you put the backup cd in a drive and right mouse click the file icon to some display programme.
John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]