Might also be permissions. Cd would have "read-only perms
set by default, and pics may also have permissions set for
the previous user. If GID's don't match this could also be
the problem.

Lanman

On 1/20/2004 at 3:11 PM John Richard Smith wrote:

>Marc wrote:
>
>>Yesterday I went to do a clean install of 9.2  I had a
number of files in
>my
>>home directory and before formatting the hard drive burnt
everything in
>home
>>to CD. I had a number of files that must have been email
attachments.
>They
>>were in my home/documents directory and  had jpg images
in them.

>>   After doing the fresh install of 9.2 and putting the
files back in
>>home/documents they now appear as a icon with a yellow
envelope with a
>sheet
>>of paper behind it.  They have no suffix in the file name
to identify
>them as
>>jpg  pdf  or anything. My question is how can I open
these files and
>recover
>>the data on them?
>>
>>   Yeah I know I should have thought of that a bit
sooner.

>> TIA
>>    Marc
>>

>Cann't you put the backup cd in a drive and right mouse
click the file