On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 10:30:31AM -0600, TJ wrote:
> Hi, I have installed Mandrake 9.1 and I have it installed as a dual boot
> system with Windows. I don't know how to tell Mandrake to use my USB RCA
> Cable modem. A friend of mine told me I might have to compile the Linux
> kernel, but I don't know how to do that even if I did. So, I was wondering
> if this is even possible and if it is can someone please help me out. It
> would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> TJ

If your modem has an ethernet connection, I'd use that. I had all sorts
of problems (under Windows even) with my Motorola via USB; once I got a
$10 NIC, everything was beautiful. That's the day I wiped Windows.

USB in Linux has come a long way, though; if it can be done, somebody
here will know.

Todd