On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:35:04 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tony S. Sykes wrote:
>
> >John,
> >
> >Try splash=silent.
> >
> >Tony.
> >

> Cannot, Had to do it the long way.
> Add nosplash  to append line in lilo.conf
> move or rename the old initrd file in /boot
> then,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.21-0.13mdk.img
> 2.4.21-0.13mdk
> mke2fs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
> then run lilo and reboot,
>
> I think if the current gui boot script didn't reduce my 17" monitor
> to about 6" and if it gave me 50 lines of script I wouldn't mind
> using it. But why they couldn't of thought up some decent easy to
> remember and change switches for the appen= line, like guiboot and
> txtboot beats me.Anything with splash in it is going to be confused
> with the initial splash screen for selecting the OS.

I changed the message line in lilo.conf to

message=/boot/message.txt

and created the referenced file with the single line:

Tab or ? to list, <enter> to boot default

If you pull up the supplied /boot/message file, you'll see all kinds of
ANSI sequences, which is where the GUI boot screen is coming from.

--
Guy Rouillier