Aron Smith wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:19:00 -0800
"David E. Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:55:04 -0800
[Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[
[>
[> Didn't an executive of CNN/Time Warner describe fast
forwarding[> past the ads as theft? So don't bet on it They
will take any[> means to protect the revinue stream.
[
[Dunno if it was that person, but ISTR a bigwig from ABC trying
to[justify some kind of contractual agreement with the network
to watch the[commercials if we were to get their programs.

This is what DRM is about protecting their revenue stream. Forget the Artist they have been Fscking them for years If i gave an artist $.10 for a download he would get 5 times more for my download than he would get for the whole album from traditional distribution channels

Very true. I remember watching an interview with Marillion, one of the first mainstream bands to cut ties with the record companies and distribute their music online (IIRC most of it was downloadable for free, or you could order CDs). When they were asked about the loss of revenues in royalties, one of them laughed and pointed out that for every CD sold, they used to get about 5p.

Sir Robin

--
"It takes less effort to condemn than to think."
- Emma Goldman

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi