On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:20:21 +0000
Marco Verheul disseminated the following:

> > Athlon RPM's:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/weblinux/mandrake/9.2/RPM/athlon
> >
> > Remove the old Gimp first, as Aron suggested.
>
> I didn't follow the whole thread about Gimp 2.0, but can it be installed
> on mdk 9.1 as well or will it become a dependency nightmare? Your
> reactions here on the new Gimp are very promising!!

Well, as you can see from the FTP path, they are built against 9.2, so you would
*very likely* run into dependency probs, esp. more up to date libs.

'Course, you could always do a 'urpmi --auto-select' first, and upgrade your
distro to *almost* the level of 9.2.

Your best bet is to do as above (upgrade to all the latest libs, esp devel
libs), then build from source.

Might be a bit of a pain, but I'm more than willing to help you track down all
the bits and bobs.

Warning: 'urpmi --auto-select' can take a loooooooong time, as what it does is
update almost every package on your system.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046