On Sunday 25 Jan 2004 9:10 pm, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> I just installed 9.2 and installed all of the programs I wanted.  I was
> trying to find the program that installs them in the kde and gnome menus.
> I found something but forgot its name anyway it found 69 items and
> apparantly installed them in the menus.  Now most menus have only one item
> each.  I read the previous thread and went looking for an update command.
> I found an update & update-resolvadv in /sbin so I ran both and while they
> appeared to run nothing happened.  So could someone post the exact command
> to update menus, please?
>
> Regards;
> Hoyt

Not sure what it is you have done, but the command to update your menus is
update-menus -v

You need to do this in a root terminal. An easy way to do that is
Ctl+Alt+F1 to give you a text console. Then log in as root

Ctl+Alt+F7 will take you back to a  graphical environment

Then define an update source and run Mandrake Update to get the latest
packages, and you will not be troubled by this bug again.
If you do not know how to define an update source go here
http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net