Richard Urwin wrote:
On Sunday 25 Jan 2004 10:13 pm, Frank Bax wrote:

At 03:34 PM 1/25/04, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

My luck must have run out.  I spent 4 days downloading cd1,2,3 and
installed Mandrake 9.2 with no obvious problems or errors.  3
cheers for the Mandrake team.

I installed all the programs I wanted (No networking) and did not
use CD3. I was wondering what it is for?

CD3 for installing packages contained on that cd - browse it to find out what they are. Selecting OpenOffice and a language other than US-English will trigger prompt for CD3.

I tend to use it quite often, which makes me think development libraries.

It has that, some TeX stuff, and localisation files (hence the name "International CD"). In other words, it's a catch-all fro RPMs most users won't want.

Sir Robin

--
" Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."
- Winston Churchill

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi