On Monday 26 January 2004 05:44 pm, marc resnick wrote:

> Brian,
> These possibilities seem probably, thank you for your help. My
> router(192.168.1.1) is a Linksys, if that helps at all. In the
> administrative settings, I go to DHCP. I see no option to start with static
> IPs, nor do I see it in any other category. Would it go by some technical
> word that I'm unaware of?

There are a number of Linksys routers, you might want to be more specific.  I
don't have a Linksys myself so I would need to check the documentation in the
manual to suggest where you might find the settings.

The other method involves doing a hard reset to restore the router to factory
default settings.  There is usually a reset button on router devices that you
press by inserting a pin or needle into the small hole.  If you hold it
pressed down for 30 seconds or so, the router should reset to factory
defaults.  If that fixes the problem, you can then go back in and input
settings again being careful to pay attention to the configuration.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer