On Monday 26 January 2004 08:26 pm, marc resnick wrote:

> The linksys is a BEFW11S4, a Wireless-B Broadband Router. I'll try the hard
> reset, and get back to you on that.

Okay, on that router, on the DHCP tab, there is a starting IP addresses that
allows you to specify the beginning IP address.  I would guess that this is
set to 100.  There is also a DHCP Clients button, this brings up the section
that allows you to assign a permanent IP address by MAC address.  The reason
that you would want to have a permanent IP address is for port forwarding.
When you forward a port, say port 21 to enable an ftp server, you need to
send it to the same machine.  The easiest way to do this is to specify an IP
address and make sure that the server always gets the same IP.  If you were
previously running servers, then you probably have at least one or two IP's
specified as static.

Either clear out permanent assignments or make sure that that the assigned IP
falls outside the range of dynamic addresses.  So, if the starting address is
100 and you have allowed 50 users, you can assign either 192.168.1.151-253 or
192.168.1.2-99.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer