Hi, I bought a new adsl router today, and so unplugged the old one, plugged in
the new one, set it all up via the web interface using a computer with WinXP on it.

Set the router to use DHCP, and a WinXP laptop and desktop both are happily
using the internet.

Now.. to my Mandrake 9.2 machine.

Used drakconnect and tried to put in my settings.. and I just can not seem to
get it on the internet. I have tried setting it to use dhcp, or with a static
IP, to no avail.

Worse, I can now access my mandrake box via my windows pc.. so it does have an
IP address.. but the mandrake box cannot access the internet, and the internet
can not access the mandrake box.

Am I insane, or am I missing somehting obvious?

My settings:

gateway: xxx.yyy.50.104
subnet:  255.255.255.248

The windows machines pick up the DNS automatically.. and I have tried this with
mandrake, and by also manually setting the DNS.

Can anyone offer advise.. or slap me round the head for being stupid?

-- Azrael

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/