On Thursday 29 Jan 2004 1:59 pm, Mike Begin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to setup a Mandrake 9.2 box to work as a Syslog server on our
> network and do not know where to start.  I know how to configure my
> routers/switches, but need help with Mandrake.  Anyone have any good docs
> or websites?  Thanks for the help.
>
> Mike

Take a look at /etc/sysconfig/syslog

Starting syslog with the -r option allows logging from remote machines.

In the remote machines look at /etc/syslog.conf
The right hand column gives the destination for the log, so

*.*            @hostname

will send everything to a remote logger.

See

http://linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/remote_logserver-3.html

derek
--