On Thursday 29 January 2004 04:52 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
>Write some important
> notes, just in case. I know next to nothing about WindowsXP, but I
> suspect that it will occupy your entire harddisk without asking.

Not bad advice anyway, but Windows XP won't wipe the harddisk without asking,
it just won't give you any other option.  It will not resize the partitions
and leave Mandrake untouched and I suspect that it will require you to
overwrite the MBR, thus taking out LILO.

However, if there is an empty partition/space on the drive, IIRC, you can use
that to install Windows XP and then simply restore LILO and your Mandrake
installation should be back as good as new.

Never a bad idea to start with XP and then install Mandrake however, Mandrake
is much more accepting of XP than the other way around.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer