On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:50:45 -0500
Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:37:54 -0800
> "David E. Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > But my cpu can do mmx/sse.
>
> My gimp rpms are built with those enabled

Yep. I just did 'rpm --rebuild --target=athlon', built and installed the
binaries, and lo!, the thing actually started up. It is nice (!). It
seems to be a good improvement -- especially cosmetically, over the
previous version. I particularly like the menu options being available
right on the picture window itself, so as not to have to go flip around
a number of windows to use the thing. My mostly-cooker install wanted to
get a number of devel packaging stuff that wasn't there, surprisingly.
But ./configure from the source tarball worked -- maybe it was not
checking things thoroughly enough, given that I had a broken compile.

I'm a real newbie when it comes to photo stuff, however.