On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:30:16 -0500
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does this happen with all/any channels, or just one in particular?

It doesn't seem to matter - I get the C\successful box that streamtuner
pops up, but then streamripper says "press Ctrl-C to stop" and then
"Connection failed". Perhaps there's an issue with streamripper, or
streamtuner is not passing the right options to streamripper.

I'm trying it on the command line with a particular saved URL (and I can
connect to this stream with mpg123) but it still says connection failed.

> mpg123 http://audio.ibiblio.org:8000/wdav-112k &

thus:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] dfox]$ streamripper -h http://audio.ibiblio.org/wdav-112k
-p 8000

Press CTRL-C to stop

Error: Connection failed

This particular streamripper is from a source tarball compile last
september (0.7 beta) when I was previously trying to get this thing to
work. I've just removed this from /usr/local/bin and installed version
1.32 from contrib. Now I get the signon banner, but nothing else, it
just stops. If I add an optional param (-o /tmp) it errors out with an
error -5, telling me it can't connect.

I did notice that the syntax changed in the interim, and perhaps
streamtuner is trying to work with a moving target.