On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:11:13 -0600
"Hoyt Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hope this thread is about to end I seem to have one more problem.  I
> cannot find the package manager in KDE.  What is its name?

you mean ark? It's not a package manager in the sense I think you are
using, it's an archive viewer. It can look inside RPMs and even install
them IIRC.

MandrakeUpdate isn't specifically a KDE app but it can be run from a KDE
environment (or a gnome, or ther environment too).

OK at this point I'm assuming you've set an update source and a new
source for 9.2 (you're trying to upgrade to 9.2, right?) To upgrade to
9.2 is really a three stage process, maybe a four step one.

1) use Easy urpmi and select a mirror site for main, contrib, plf,
whatever else you like, and follow those directions. You should then
have a number of command lines to cut/paste from your browser to your
root konsole/terminal, executing these one command at a time. If
successful, you will have synthesis/hdlists for each one of as many
sites or branches you wish. It may be necessary to repeat one or more of
these steps, if there is a connection problem.

2) Actually do the upgrade to 9.2:

urpmi --auto-select

3) get coffee/other strong drink (that's why I said a four step process)

4) urpmi kernel (auto-select does not upgrade the kernel. That has to be
done separately).

5) (first shalt thou count to 5 ... 1 2 3 5 .. no wait, wrong grp)

urpmi --auto-select --update  (I think that's right, you want to install
now just the updates for 9.2).

> I finished downloading the sources.  What happened to the 39+ MB?

They're probably hiding somewhere in /var/lib/urpmi.