From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 02/02/04 23:24:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [mandrake] Re: [newbie] Suggestions for an email program that can
be used from Linux and WIN 2000

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:51:37 -0500
Dave Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Greg Meyer wrote:
>
>>On Monday 02 February 2004 05:01 pm, Steve Kaufman wrote:
>>

>>>Since I am still so new to this linux environment and have not even
gotten
>>>past the very simplest of things I am still using my win2K system a lot.
>>>would like to be able to read my email from either system especially this
>>>list, and be able to see my folders from either system. Does anyone have
>>>any suggestions of an email program that I could use to do this?

Not sure if this is an option for you (your ISP has to provide it), but IMAP
will allow you to keep all your mail (in folders) on the server, so that you
can read it from anywhere. The more common protocol, POP, usually has you
downloading all your mail to your local system (though most mail systems
have an option to leave a copy on the server.) Many Linux mail clients
support both POP and IMAP (Evolution, Mozilla Mail and Sylpheed, among many
others.)

--
Guy Rouillier