From: Richard Urwin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 6:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] 2.6: The Speed Demon

On Wednesday 04 Feb 2004 1:40 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> For those of you struggling to get 2.6 up and running, and those who
> are lukewarm on the subject, check out what you're missing (as am I):
>
> http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Feb/gee20040203023723.htm

Can anyone help with a question on 2.6?

I have ReiserFS on all my partitions. Half the reason for wanting 2.6 is
the capability bits in the filesystems. If I install 2.6 on my spare
partition will the 2.4 FS and the 2.6 FS be compatible, and will I have
the capability bits when running in 2.6?

--
Richard Urwin

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street