I am beginning to get very frustrated. Steve has been trying his best to
help me, but so far we have not found a solution. I cannot get virtual
ethernet interfaces to come up at boot. It seems to be something with the
network script in inet.d that does not add the available virtual
interface startup scripts to the startup list. I am running Mandrake 6.1
on the problem machine. I have RedHat 6 running on another machine with
no such problems. Does anyone out there have virtual interfaces loading
successfully at bootup running Mandrake 6.1 ? If so please contact me if
you are willing to help me find my problem. Thanks.

Regards,

Eric Mings Ph.D.