Dan Gordon wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:04:20 -0500
Lanman wrote:

Try logging into Gnome to delete your old KDE packages and
to install the new ones. It worked perfectly for me.

Hmmmmm ok I will give that a try, when I have some time. I had been
trying from XFce4.

I had a similar problem and solved it by doing urpmi bit

by bit. First I

installed something basic to get the essential KDE

libraries in place,

then progressed through network and multimedia.

Some packages have dependencies from contrib, so that

might be what's

giving you a headache.

I thought that might work too, thats how i ended up with everything but
the base stuff installed which just would not go.

I also borked k3b in the process, but I think that was my

fault.

I think removing 3.1.3 automatically removes k3b because of dependency's, IE kde needs to be there before k3b.

Yes, the problem was that it wouldn't reinstall afterwards because of conflicts.

Sir Robin

--
"Telling disgruntled employees that they are always free to leave their jobs seems no different in principle from telling political dissidents that they are free to emigrate."
- Stephen Newman

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi