----- Original Message -----
From: "bascule" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 09:47
Subject: Re: [newbie] How to clear autologin

> then you need to start your system with init level 3 to avoid X coming up,
> now on traditional lilo setups there is instant access to a boot prompt,
at
> which you would type:
> linux init 3
> assuming your kernel was called 'linux'
> with this new fangled 'ooh look its a pretty blue'! i'm not sure, i think
if
> you press esc when you get the list of boot choices you will be able to
> access a prompt
>
> bascule
>
> On Wednesday 11 Feb 2004 3:27 pm, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> > I tried ctl-alt-F1, F2, Delete, Backspace.  No response just that ugly
> > green screen with two white bars and a watch.
> > Regards;
> > Hoyt
>
> --
> "Does it worry you that you don't talk any kind of sense? "
Yes it does but I usually consider that no one is paying attention.

In the "pretty blue screen" (wrong shade to be pretty) of the lillo startup
screen all esc does is stop the timer,  but there are other things.
failsafe and several different versions the kernel.  The only problem now
that I can get root access is what commands do I issue to correct the
problem ending with disableing autologin.

Regards;
Hoyt

PS: I learned.(I tried it)